National Day of Expectation!

Today is national day of prayer, and my heart wells up with joy at the thought of Christians all over the country coming together to confess to God, to seek God, to praise God and to thank God.

As I meditated on prayer today, 2 scriptures came to mind that I wanted to share. First one is Psalm 5:3

In the morning, Oh Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning Lord, I lay my request before you and wait in expectation.

My favorite line in the verse has always been "and wait in expectation".

To expect something means to know that something is going to happen. Waiting means I have confidence that I don't need to interfere to make it happen.

This is why there are 2 verses that come to mind for me on this topic. The second one tells me why I can have that confidence to wait and why I can expect something to happen.

Ephesians 1: 18-22

I pray also that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which He has called me, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for me who believes. That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

I've bolded the part that gives me this great confidence. I wait and expect God to act because my eyes have been enlightened to know that when I pray, I am calling on the same power that raised Christ from the dead. And it goes on to say that this great power has seated my Saviour, in total authority over all that I may come up against; all that you come up against; all that we as a nation come up against.

By the authority of Jesus Christ, I come to my God, kneel at His feet and submit every thought, concern and request and wait in expectation. Not in expectation that I will have my way, but that God will reign and His will be done.

So on this day of prayer, what request are you laying before Him? Leave your comments here for us all to unite together and pray for in agreement. OR, hop over to our prayer blog and leave your request there.

And we will wait in expectation.

Tami

2 comments:

  1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... I am certainly praying for all believers.. all non-believers that one of us cross their path and spread the Good News... I pray for our country internationally... I pray all Christians see the signs of the times and prepare for what is inevitable and ahead of us. I pray for strength in the spirit... I pray for all children and all elderly.. God bless and keep in of you!!

    ReplyDelete